August 24 • 7pm–12:30am
Greensgrow and the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School are teaming up for a night of Argentine tango on Saturday, August 24. The event includes live music by the Messiez Trio, directed by award-winning pianist, Emiliano Messiez, an all-levels tango lesson (no experience or partner required!), food and drink available for purchase, and social dancing on the BalletX portable floor. Join us to dance under the stars in the gorgeous ambiance of Greensgrow after dark!
- Trio Messiez; Emiliano Messiez (piano), Javier Sanchez (bandoneon) and Nastasja Vojnovic (violin)
- DJ Manuk Colakyan
- All levels tango class taught by Kristin Balmer & Amy Yang
- Social dancing on the perfect BalletX portable floor
- Food by 1149 Cooperative
- 7:00pm: Doors open; food, drinks and mingling.
- 7:30-8:30pm: All-levels tango class. No experience or partner necessary!
- 8:30pm-12:30am: La Mariposa Milonga – Argentine tango social dance with live music.
Tickets are available at the door | $30
Price includes class and Milonga.
• Participants should bring clean shoes to change into to wear on the dance floor.
• In the event of severe weather, the event will be held at the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School, 2030 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19125.
• Cancellations within 72 hours of the start of the event are nonrefundable or transferable. Refunds and transfers requested earlier than 72 hours before the class start time will be charged a $5.00 processing fee.
Philadelphia Argentine Tango School
Since 2008, the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School (PATS) has been promoting tango as a fun and accessible activity for people of all ages. PATS offers group classes, special workshops, private lessons, social dances, concerts and other live music events, and organizes the only tango festival in Philadelphia.
DJ MANUK COLAKYAN is an aficionado of Argentine Tango. He dances, collects its music and DJ’s. With his large collection of recordings, Manuk is a favorite DJ in Philadelphia, the east coast, and also in his native Istanbul, where he regularly DJs at milongas and festivals.