Want to spend your days surrounded by plants, collaborating with other creative, plant-obsessed people? Want to develop your skills, expertise, and vision in a beautiful garden environment?
Greensgrow is a non-profit, garden center and urban farm that creates experiences of sustainable community and wellness through education. We operate two mission-driven retail sites that help urban communities create green habitat in indoor and outdoor spaces. Greensgrow is a beautiful and fun place to work where you can connect your passion or creativity to the work you do. We are a professional organization that delivers educational services, and to that end, our employees seek to help visitors create a deeper connection with their natural environment.
Successful staff members have a modest knowledge of plants and a focused work ethic; possessing the ability to take direction while also holding themselves to a high standard of execution. Whether the role is administrative or in our retail spaces, every position on our staff is critical to the creation of our mission-driven retail & educational experience.
As the retail site supervisor at Greensgrow you are responsible for the daily operations of inventory, sales and staff on site. You collaborate with farmers and horticulturalists to sell plants and hardgoods that help urban people keep their spaces green.
The retail site supervisor is the center of the customer experience. Our customers and community are the cornerstone of our work and we thrive when we provide a culturally and physically safe experience of beauty to explore the world of horticulture, food and farming.
With this central goal in mind, you will look to develop clear on-site systems for customer navigation and employee engagement. The retail site supervisor should think of themselves as the central organizer of experience. This is a role that should see all the moving parts and be able to plan, manage and strategically think through them to create a seamless integration of people, goods and space on site.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Exhibit strategic thinking in the retail decision you make
- Engage your direct report staff with a sense of clear leadership
- Retail experience with POS and daily sales tracking
- Able to efficiently manage inventory and collaborate on buying
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast paced environment
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Aesthetic eye for implementing merchandising and spatial design
- 3+ years retail experience;
- Customer service & leadership skills
- Experience managing inventory
- Experience with plants – professional or as hobbyist, gardener, farm food enthusiast
- Must be a hard-working team player with an energetic and positive attitude
- Must be prepared to handle strategic decision making for day to day retail operations
This is a seasonal, full-time position from February – November
To Apply: Email resume & cover letter describing your relevant experience to [email protected], with subject title “Production Farmer”
Position remains open and this post will remain up until it is filled. Please no phone inquiries.
Greensgrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer: People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Location: Philadelphia, PA