Want to spend your days surrounded by plants, collaborating with other creative, plant-obsessed people? Want to develop your skills, expertise, and vision in a beautiful garden environment?
Greensgrow is a non-profit, garden center and urban farm that creates experiences of sustainable community and wellness through education. We operate two mission-driven retail sites that help urban communities create green habitat in indoor and outdoor spaces. Greensgrow is a beautiful and fun place to work where you can connect your passion or creativity to the work you do. We are a professional organization that delivers educational services, and to that end, our employees seek to help visitors create a deeper connection with their natural environment.
Successful staff members have a modest knowledge of plants and a focused work ethic; possessing the ability to take direction while also holding themselves to a high standard of execution. Whether the role is administrative or in our retail spaces, every position on our staff is critical to the creation of our mission-driven retail & educational experience.
The Market / Farmer Assistant is a part-time buyer for the farmstand and will assist the production farmer in harvest, set-up and market sales. This position is two full days a week, requires the full season commitment and will teach new skills to the right person.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assistance with crop maintenance
- Assistance with harvesting
- Market / Auction Buying
- Assistance with Animal care: 10 chickens, 1 pig, 1 duck, 6 turtles, some fish
- Includes feeding & cleaning their living spaces
- Harvesting & packing Greensgrow-grown produce for the Greensgrow Farmstand and restaurant/wholesale customers
- Managing Farm volunteers & interns
- Commitment to staffing Saturday Farmstand weekly March-October
- 1+ years farming experience; growing in an urban environment preferred
- Customer service & managerial skills
- CDL or recent experience driving a truck!
- Must be a hard-working team player with an energetic and positive attitude
- Must be prepared to handle strategic decision making for farming operations
This is a seasonal, part-time position from February – November
To Apply: Email resume & cover letter describing your relevant experience to [email protected], with subject title “Market Assistant”
Position remains open and this post will remain up until it is filled. Please no phone inquiries.
Greensgrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer: People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Location: Philadelphia, PA