Everyone is invited to show off their apple pie making skills! Come by and see how talented your neighbors are. After the judges taste the pies we’ll be selling the remainder slices for $3 donation to Greensgrow Farms to help feed our friendly farm animals!
You must register online by September 29 to compete, fill out the form below.
Date & Time
Contest and judging from 12–2pm.
Winners will be announced at 3:30pm.
1st Prize: Bragging rights! $100 Subaru Gear Gift Card and $100 Greensgrow Gift Card
2nd Prize: $50 Subaru Gear Gift Card and $50 Greensgrow Gift Card
3rd Prize: $25 Subaru Gear Gift Card and $25 Greensgrow Gift Card
Lynn Buono, Owner of Feast Your Eyes Catering and Front & Palmer, member of Dames Escoffier.
Matt Fein, Culinary Director of Federal Donuts, Philadelphia’s famed fried chicken and donut shop. One of Zagat’s “30 Under 30 – Philadelphia” in 2015, as well as one of Billy Penn’s “Who’s Next: Chefs” in 2016.
Marisa McClellan, food blogger, canning teacher, and the author of Food in Jars, Preserving by the Pint, and Naturally Sweet Food in Jars. You can find all of Marisa’s jams, pickles, and preserves (all cooked up in her 80-square-foot Philly kitchen) at foodinjars.com.
Zoë Lukas, Founder + Creative Director of Whipped Bakeshop where she and her team of artists make modern, joyful & delicious cakes.
Rules for Entries
Please bring in 2 pies by 11:30am on Saturday, October 6, 2018 to:
Greensgrow Farms: 2501 E. Cumberland St., Philadelphia, PA 19125
- RULE #1: Have a good time!
- Fill out the registration form below by September 29.
- Please bring 2 pies for tasting/judging.
- We recommend organic ingredients, it is not a requirement for entry.
- Your pie must be an apple pie, and can be a variation; other flavors, double or single crust, elaborate or simple.
- Please deliver your pie unsliced and ready to be served.
- Attach a label with your name, your phone number and the name of the pie to the container.
- Provide two clearly printed recipe cards listing all ingredients with your pie entry.
- All pie becomes property of Greensgrow Farms.
- Greensgrow Farms cannot be responsible for the return of your containers.
- Employees of Subaru of America, Inc., and Greensgrow are not permitted to enter.
- Please accept the terms in the form below.
Fill out the form below by September 29 to compete.
Sorry-the registration deadline for the apple pie competition was September 29.