Full Shares pickup every week.
Half Shares pickup every other week.
The full share is a good fit for those who cook for themselves often and need a fresh supply of fruits and vegetables every week. Some members split a full share with a friend or roommate. The half share option is well suited to smaller households or families that like to eat out or take breaks from cooking. With a half share, you’ll get the same amount of food as a full share, but you’ll pickup every other week, so the frequency is less. All half share members pickup on either an A Week or a B Week, sign up early to have the choice of A or B Week schedule.
What’s in the Share
• A seasonal assortment (5-8 items) of locally grown vegetables
• A selection of fruit that reflects the abundance of the season
• A dairy/protein option that includes your choice of one of the following: 2 cups of Pequea Valley Yogurt, Amish Roll Butter, 1 dozen eggs (cage-free and antibiotic-free), 12 oz. Michael’s Savory Seitan, Certified kosher organic tofu from Fresh Tofu.
• 8 times during the season, there will be a locally made cheese in the share. Full shares will receive cheese 8 times, half shares will receive cheese 4 times.
• In your share throughout the season you may also receive a locally produced prepared food. In the past we’ve included “Harvest from the Hood” beer from Philadelphia Brewing Company, pasta or ice cream.
Take a look at the photo gallery of last year’s shares here.
Sample Shares from Last Year:
May: Dozen Eggs, Strawberries, Mixed Salad Greens, Asparagus, Rhubarb, Spring Onions, Golden Beets, Collard Greens
August: Fresh Mozzarella, Yogurt, Watermelon, Red Kale, Heirloom Tomatoes, Long Hot Peppers, Garlic, Jersey Sweet Corn
September: Fresh Tofu, Gala Apples, Bartlet Pears, Sweet Onions, Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Kamatsuna Greens, Acorn Squash, Black Radishes, Savoy Cabbage
November: Amish Roll Butter, Cranberries, PBC Harvest from the Hood, Brussels Sprouts, Green Tomatoes, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Broccoli Raab, Eva Potatoes
We offer optional add-on shares that can be picked up alongside your CSA. Add on cheese, coffee, ice cream or bread. Read more about those here.