Summer Farm Share
Greensgrow is a non-profit organization whose mission is to engage with our neighbors in cultivating social entrepreneurship, urban agriculture, and community greening. We are farmers ourselves, and we believe supporting a robust local food system is essential to protecting the health and wealth of our families, our community, and our environment. We work with our community of local farmers to ensure fair treatment for workers, investment in our region, protection of our water, and minimizing our carbon footprint. We source across the range of organic, IPM, non-GMO, low-spray and conventional product within 150 miles of our fair city for each share, working with our farmers to bring you the best products.
Find out more about what’s in the Summer Farm Share here.
What Makes Our Farm Share Special
- Greensgrow is a Non-Profit. Your support directly supports farms throughout the season and helps sustain our food access and educational programming; The Greensgrow Community Kitchen, SNAP Share Program, and Greensgrow Mobile Markets. Reinvesting in our community is what we’re all about.
- Our Unique Shares. Our Full & Half Shares always include fruit AND vegetables, your choice of a protein option like eggs, tofu, or seitan, PLUS seasonal farm goods like honey, jam, or freshly milled grains. And we have tremendous add-on options like locally roasted coffee, artisan cheese, meat, and more!
- We’re truly local. Our shares come from our trusted partners from within 150 miles of Philadelphia.
- Healthy for you and the environment. Buying local means your produce is traveling a shorter distance, reducing food miles and maintaining more flavor and nutrients. Members report eating a more diverse and healthy diet. We are environmentally conscious and use packaging sparingly.
- Our Convenient Locations. We bring our food to your neighborhood! We have pickup locations across the city so you can find the spot that’s most convenient for you. And we always bring extra items so if you need a few extra ears of corn for that barbecue, you can get them when you grab your share.
- Our Staff & Community. Members enjoy getting to know staff, volunteers, like-minded neighbors, and fellow members through the seasons. Our Food Team manager is accessible for your questions or concerns anytime at email@example.com.
- Our Urban Farm. At Greensgrow Farms you’ll get a chance to observe a working urban farm in action each week. Visit the animals, attend a workshop, and enjoy one of Philadelphia’s unique destinations. Plus, you can add items from our farmstand and garden center while picking up your share. Grab a little extra for those big meals, and combine your shopping into one convenient trip. We carry a quality selection of produce, pastured and grass-fed meats, artisan cheeses, breads, locally produced goods, and of course plants and flowers galore.
Find out about our different share types here.
Becoming a Member
Enjoy the bounty of our region from June-November while supporting small farmers and producers as well as investing in your own community. We build relationships our region’s finest farmers and producers to plan our shares.
Please keep in mind we contract with farmers on your behalf and you are entering into a binding contract with Greensgrow. The Farm Share is a contract for an entire season, when you sign up, you have committed to completing the full season’s payment schedule.
Application deadline to pick up the first share: If you would like to participate in the full season, please fill out the application on or before May 31st to pick up the week of June 7th.
Prorated Shares: Applications received after May 31st will start participation later, depending on their application date, prorated prices will apply.
If you have any questions: Call the Farm Share hotline at 215.427.2780 ext. 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with us:
Get our weekly News & Events Newsletter via email or view our Facebook Page.